Overnight Respite and Small Group Day Respite
Monday to Friday, and occasional weekends:
- Three private rooms with ensuite bathrooms are available for short-term overnight respite.
- One bedroom is a twin room available for a carer to stay with the person being cared for, should they choose to do so.
- Overnight rooms can be booked for a single or several nights.
- Day respite is offered in small groups of up to five people.
- A social program is available. It focuses on the abilities and interests of the person being cared for.
- A secure sensory garden allows the older person to enjoy the outdoors if preferred.
- Nutritious, home cooked meals are prepared on-site.
- Skilled support staff who understand the needs of older people are on site 24 hours a day.
- Respite care is available specifically for older people with high care needs one week each month.
A My Aged Care referral number is required to access community respite services.
Respite at Ridgway House is available to carers of frail older people, older people with dementia and older people with higher level care needs who live in the southern and eastern metropolitan regions of Adelaide.
Carers from rural and remote areas may access the service.
Please note that vacancies are subject to change at short notice. For the latest vacancy information, please contact us on (08) 8198 2060 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org