There is a wide range of in-home support available
Health and Wellbeing
Would you like to join an exercise group, or need to manage chronic conditions, such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, heart health, diabetes, or arthritis?
Resthaven can support you to remain independent by providing services which have a preventative, maintenance, reablement, or restorative focus.
Qualified and registered allied health professionals can work with you at your home or at our centre to establish a tailored treatment plan based on your individual assessment.
Rehabilitation and Therapy
Individual and group therapy from our qualified health professionals:
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Formal counselling and social work
- Continence management
Find out more about Rehabilitation and Therapy at Resthaven.
Exercise and Wellness Activities may include:
- Individual or group therapy
- Exercise classes for all abilities
- Tai Chi/Chi ball
- Water exercises (aquatherapy)
- Nutritional advice
- Self-management of chronic conditions, such as Parkinson’s, stroke or pulmonary conditions, aphasia, arthritis and diabetes
Find out more about exercise and wellness at Resthaven
We offer a variety of domestic services to help you around the home, such as:
- House cleaning
- Light gardening
- Meal preparation
- Shopping and bill paying
- Help with pets
- Minor home maintenance
We assist you in self-care, supporting you to maintain your independence.
- Dressing and grooming
- Taking or applying medications
- Continence management
- Support after a hospital stay to help you recuperate
Caring for someone can be a full time job. We offer respite to support older people and their carers, so that they can better sustain their physical and emotional health.
Our well trained staff are experienced in working with people who have memory loss or other age-related conditions. Have confidence in taking some time out from your caring role, knowing that the person you care for will be well looked after, safe and engaged.
Respite is available in a variety of settings and locations; in your home, a community location, or residential aged care accommodation.
Choose from day, group, or overnight respite. Residential respite is available at all residential locations.
Find out more about respite options at Resthaven
We work with you to stay involved with family, friends and the community. Services include:
- Individual support to go on outings, participate in hobbies, exercise classes, visiting family and friends.
- Group activities at one of our Community Services locations or in a community setting, based on your interests.
- Dementia support including specific support for those living alone with memory loss
- Parkinson’s Support Group
- Support for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
Find out more about social support at Resthaven
Resthaven Lifestyle Choices Plus. No waiting!
Our private, fee for service options are tailored according to individual needs and preferences, flexible and designed to offer choice. No financial information or assessment is required and services are available when and where you want them.
Am I Eligible?
Anyone over 65 may apply for a Home Care Package, or the Commonwealth Home Support Program. Eligibility criteria apply. There is no eligibility criteria for older people wishing to access Resthaven Lifestyle Choices Plus services.
How do I apply?
To access Resthaven Lifestyle Choices Plus, just call us on 1300 13 66 33.
To access most government subsidised services, you must be registered with My Aged Care.
How do I apply? Six steps to aged care services.
Need some help?
Call us. We’ll work through it together with you. 1300 13 66 33