We provide in-home assistance to help you stay living at home.
Resthaven home support services are tailored to reflect your needs, choices and interests. Working together with you we offer both long and short-term support, meeting your needs as assessed by My Aged Care. We provide basic level support through the Commonwealth Support Program (often known as CHSP), and Home Care Packages for Levels 1-4.
We offer quality, professional support services, either in the privacy of your own home, or out and about in your local community.
Services are delivered by our trained staff in a way that supports your choices and independence, respects your privacy and provides peace of mind.
Find a Place or Service
If you receive a Home Care Package, a care manager will partner with you to develop appropriate, individualised care plans, that consider your circumstances, and provide you with services that will optimise your allocated funding, meet your preferences and needs, as well as meeting legislative requirements.
Need some help to remain living at home, leading an independent lifestyle? Call us on 1300 13 66 33
Domestic services to help you with:
- House cleaning and laundry
- Light gardening and minor home maintenance
- Meal preparation
- Shopping and bill paying
- Help with pets
- Advice about in-home equipment
They don’t just take over but let you do things independently. That’s the whole attitude; let you do things that you can, but they do say, ‘Let us know if you can’t.’ – Resthaven client
We assist you with self-care, supporting you to maintain your independence.
Our qualified staff can help you with:
- Dressing and grooming
- Taking or applying medications
- Continence management
We work with you to stay involved with family, friends and the community.
- Individual support for outings, hobbies, exercise classes, visiting family and friends.
- Group activities at one of our Community Services branches or in a community setting, based on your interests.
- Dementia support including specific support for those living alone with memory loss
- Parkinson’s Support Group
- Transport to Medical and hospital visits, shopping, social outings, family events and appointments.
‘I do a social support program on the weekend. I really value that. You know the weekend can be tough to get support or things to do, so I think that’s really innovative and imaginative … oh … and it’s just really well organised’. -Resthaven client
Join an exercise group, or learn to manage chronic conditions, such as stroke, Parkinson’s, heart health, diabetes or arthritis.
Resthaven’s qualified and registered allied health professionals can support your independence, providing services with a preventative, maintenance, or restorative focus. Rehabilitation and Therapy may include:
- Occupational Therapy, Podiatry, Physiotherapy
- Day or overnight respite
- Medication management
- Nursing in-home
- Speech pathology
- Counselling and social support.
Exercise & Wellness may include:
- Individual or group therapy
- Exercise classes
- Tai Chi/Chi ball
- Water exercises (aquatherapy)
- Nutritional advice
- Self-management of chronic conditions, such as Parkinson’s, stroke or pulmonary conditions, arthritis and diabetes.
We provide respite to support carers, to enable them to sustain their physical and emotional health.
Choose from day respite, group respite, and overnight respite.