Resthaven Chiton Retirement Living
- 2 Ocean Road, Chiton SA 5211, Australia
Chiton Retirement Living features 29 modern architectural homes, in a beautiful location, nestled between Port Elliot and Victor Harbor. Chiton has won a number of awards for its first-class homes, including the ‘Excellence in Seniors Living Award’ in 2017 by the Urban Development Institute of South Australia (UDIA).
Resthaven Chiton Retirement Living is a place where you can live an enviable retirement without compromise to style, comfort, independence, space, or environment.
Two of the finest golf courses are nearby at McCracken and Victor Harbor and if you’re a bowler, there’s the beachside green at Victor Harbor or another at Port Elliot. The Fleurieu’s fine wineries, famous cafés, bakeries and restaurants are close by along with Victor Harbor Hospital and other medical facilities. The new Fleurieu Aquatic Centre and Health and Wellness Centre on Ocean Road are also a great addition to the area.
The green Guide below, outlines the healthy, sustainable choices Chiton residents can make in their home to decrease living costs, keep the adjacent gardens free from environmental weeds, damaging chemicals and pesticides, and support their general wellbeing.
“There are wonderful wetlands and walking paths at our doorstep. There is good community spirit and people do look out for each other.”
At Chiton, you will be part of a vibrant community. At its beating heart is a Lakehouse where you can mingle with neighbours, make new friends or entertain old ones.
Lakehouse design includes:
- Communal dining area and lounge
- Kitchen for event use
- Consulting room
- Billiards room
- Hairdressing salon
- Residents workshop
- BBQ area
- Accessibility ramps
- Stunning views of wetlands
- Award winning
- Modern architectural homes with neutral décor
- Homes built with low-toxic materials
- A minimum Seven Star Energy Rating
- Two bedrooms-some with a study
- Main bathroom plus ensuite or second toilet and powder room
- North facing living areas
- Double glazed windows with openings that allow for cross flow ventilation
- 1.9kw Photovoltaic (Solar Power) System helps offset electricity costs
- Solar hot water system
- 2 Rainwater tanks – 5,000 or 10,000 litres
- Quality Miele cooktop, oven and dishwasher
- All with built-in robes
- Separate laundry
- Ample storage, spacious single or double garage
- Outdoor living areas sheltered from coastal breezes
- Some with stunning wetlands view