Six Steps to Aged Care Services
1. Contact My Aged Care
Contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or go to www.myagedcare.gov.au
My Aged Care provides information on aged care for both Government funded and private services, and is available in languages other than English, and other formats if you have hearing difficulties or a vision impairment.
2. Provide your details
Have your personal information ready. You will need to provide:
- your full name and address,
- date of birth,
- telephone number
- and Medicare/Pension number.
3. Explain your needs
- You will be asked a series of questions about your daily life.
- Your responses will help determine the services you require, whether you are looking for support at home, residential aged care, or respite for carers.
- You will be given a referral code. Record this code for future reference.
4. Assessment details
- My Aged Care may arrange a face to face assessment of your needs
- A trained Assessor will make an appointment with you
- The Assessor will be wearing a name badge when they visit. Always ask for identification.
- Tell the Assessor that Resthaven is your preferred provider.
5. Await your referral
- My Aged Care, or your assessor, may then refer you for aged care services.
- You may be issued with a My Aged Care referral code. If so, you can contact Resthaven directly.
- Or, tell My Aged Care that Resthaven is your preferred provider
6. We call you
- Resthaven will call you to talk to you about your service requirements and putting services in place.
- We’re here to help!
Resthaven Community Services 1300 13 66 33