Anyone entering a Residential Aged Care Facility must be vaccinated against 2021 seasonal influenza and have evidence of this with them as proof. (Existing exemption criteria continue to apply.)
As more than 70% of residents at all Resthaven aged care homes have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, visitor numbers are not restricted.
Current visiting hours at Resthaven residential aged care homes:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10am to 4pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10am to 4pm AND 6pm to 8pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: 1pm to 5pm
Resthaven’s visiting arrangements may change in response to Emergency Management Direction updates which can occur at immediate notice. Changes from 28 July 2021 require:
Wearing of Masks
A person (other than a resident or a child under 12 years) must not enter or remain on the premises of a residential aged care home, unless the person is wearing a face mask (covering mouth and nose) at all times when in the physical presence of other persons. The requirement for a mask does not apply:
- when the person is eating or drinking;
- the wearing of a mask will hinder the provision of the relevant care and/or impact resident safety or wellbeing;
- by a person who has a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition; or
- in circumstances where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication, such as to enable communication by or with any person who is deaf or hard of hearing.
For information about the rules and recommendations around wearing a mask visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDmasks
- No person who has attended a COVID-19 exposure location identified on the SA Health website should be permitted to enter or remain on the premises of a RACF until they have been tested for COVID-19 and received a negative test result and finished their required quarantine period.
- Any person who has been directed to quarantine by SA Health must stay at home and not attend a RACF. This includes essential workers.
- For an up-to-date list of exposure locations, visit: http://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing
Visitor information factsheets:
View and download the End of Life Care Pathway Visitation factsheet.
View and download the Guidance for Residents and Families for External Outings and Gatherings.
View the Residential Visiting Arrangements factsheet.