Anyone entering a Residential Aged Care Facility must be vaccinated against 2021 seasonal influenza and have evidence of this with them as proof. (Existing exemption criteria continue to apply.)
As more than 70% of residents at all Resthaven aged care homes have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, visitor numbers are not restricted.
Current visiting hours at Resthaven residential aged care homes:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10am to 4pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10am to 4pm AND 6pm to 8pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: 1pm to 5pm
Resthaven’s visiting arrangements may change in response to Emergency Management Direction updates which can occur at immediate notice. Changes from 16 July 2021 require:
Wearing of Masks
A person (other than a resident or a child under 12 years) must not enter or remain on the premises of a residential aged care home, unless the person is wearing a face mask (covering mouth and nose) at all times when in the physical presence of other persons. The requirement for a mask does not apply:
- when the person is eating or drinking;
- the wearing of a mask will hinder the provision of the relevant care and/or impact resident safety or wellbeing;
- by a person who has a relevant medical condition, including problems with their breathing, a serious condition of the face, a disability or a mental health condition; or
- in circumstances where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication, such as to enable communication by or with any person who is deaf or hard of hearing.