Are you from a culturally diverse background?
Resthaven is a richly diverse South Australian community founded on the principles of inclusion and unity, embracing and respecting each person’s beliefs, culture, language, background, lifestyle, life experiences and values.
We support Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) people through tailored assistance.
- Working in partnership with each person to understand their unique cultural needs and lifestyle, and co-designing and providing services that are responsive to cultural needs
- Information and resources in a number of languages. Click here to view a list of publications in other languages. The Google Translate* tool at the top of this website converts the text to the language you prefer.
- Information sessions delivered to community groups on a range of topics and services.
- Interpreter services may be engaged for you. There is a wide variety of languages available. Call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 to find an interpreter.
- Services delivered by staff trained in cultural competence, and where possible, matching staff with a similar language and cultural background as the older person.
- Services delivered by staff who have access to ‘Resthaven Multicultural Programs’, an access point for cultural information, specific cultural services and guidance in providing culturally sensitive services.
Did you know that Resthaven’s employees come from 74 different countries and our clients & residents from 80 countries?’
31% of our staff are born overseas, with 24% of our staff speaking a language other than English. In fact, there are 56 languages other than English spoken by our staff!