COVID-19 Vaccinations for Resthaven Residents
The COVID-19 vaccination for residents of Residential Aged Care Facilities is being coordinated by the Australian Government and delivered by organisations contracted to the Commonwealth Department of Health. The vaccine provided to residents through this program is the Pfizer vaccine and all Resthaven aged care homes have had two vaccination clinics for residents who chose to be vaccinated. Booster clinics are currently being arranged by SA Health.
COVID-19 Vaccinations for Aged Care workers
All Resthaven clients and staff are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all aged care workers. Resthaven encourages all staff to access the COVID vaccination.
For more information on the South Australia COVID-19 vaccine rollout visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.
Do we still need other precautions to stop the spread of COVID?
Yes, we need to continue COVIDSafe practices (eg hand hygiene, physical distancing). Having the vaccine is just one part of keeping the community safe and healthy.
Where can you find trusted information about COVID-19 vaccination?
You can find information, including translated information on the Commonwealth Department of Health’s COVID-19 vaccine website.
You can also talk to your GP about COVID-19 vaccines and why vaccination is an important part of keeping our community safe and healthy.
Please refer to Resthaven’s COVID-19 Information for our communities page, for all general information about the COVID-19 pandemic including the latest visitor information.
The current advice from Australia’s immunisation experts is: the minimum interval between having COVID-19 vaccination and any influenza vaccine is 14 days.
Any person who has not been vaccinated against seasonal influenza will not be permitted to enter a residential aged care home. Evidence of having this vaccination must be provided prior to entry.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact the Manager Residential Services or Care Coordinator at your Resthaven home in the first instance. Thank you!
- Older Person’s Advocacy Network on 1800 700 600
- SA Health COVID-19 vaccine FAQs
- COVID-19 vaccines – Is it true?(Evidence-based answers to common questions)
- Vaccine eligibility checker to determine your eligibility to access the COVID-19 vaccine
- Booking your COVID-19 Vaccination appointment
- Guide to help people who are frail or very old to make an informed decision about getting a COVID-19 vaccine
- About the AztraZeneca vaccine
- About the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine
- What to expect on COVID-19 vaccination day at your residential aged care facility
- After your COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 Information in 64 languages