All Resthaven aged care homes have had vaccination clinics for residents who chose to be vaccinated.
COVID-19 Vaccinations for Resthaven Clients in the Community
We encourage all residents and community clients to be fully vaccinated, including having a COVID booster.
It is very important that anyone with COVID-like symptoms or who have COVID-19, or are living with someone in their household who has COVID-19, notifies their Resthaven coordinator or site as soon as possible. It is imperative that you let our staff know this before entering the home. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all aged care workers. Resthaven encourages all staff to access the COVID vaccination.
Do we still need other precautions to stop the spread?
Yes, we need to continue COVIDSafe practices (eg hand hygiene, physical distancing). Having the vaccine is just one part of keeping the community safe and healthy.
Where can you find trusted information?
You can find information, including translated information on the Commonwealth Department of Health’s COVID-19 vaccine website.
You can also talk to your GP about COVID-19 vaccines and why vaccination is an important part of keeping our community safe and healthy.
Please refer to Resthaven’s COVID-19 Information for our communities page, for all general information about the COVID-19 pandemic including the latest visitor information.
The current advice from Australia’s immunisation experts is: the minimum interval between having COVID-19 vaccination and any influenza vaccine is 14 days.
- Older Person’s Advocacy Network on 1800 700 600
- COVID-19 vaccines – Is it true?(Evidence-based answers to common questions)
- Vaccine eligibility checker to determine your eligibility to access the COVID-19 vaccine
- Guide to help people who are frail or very old to make an informed decision about getting a COVID-19 vaccine
- About the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine
- What to expect on COVID-19 vaccination day at your residential aged care facility
- After your COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 Information in 64 languages