Throughout 2020, Resthaven will host celebrations across all sites to mark 85 years of service to older people and their carers.
Resthaven Northern Community Services asked 85 clients, “What is one thing you like about Resthaven?”
‘We asked 85 clients, because Resthaven celebrates its 85th anniversary this year’, says Karen Hammond, Manager Resthaven Northern Community Services.
‘Overwhelmingly, the comments received were about Resthaven staff, and the services they receive.
‘Some comments include:
- I look forward to the Social Group
- I love the chats I get to have with the staff who come to visit me
- All the staff are so amiable and friendly
- I receive personalised attention and professionalism
- I love the whole organisation – everyone is very good
- I’m glad I’m with Resthaven – I’ve been with them for 17 years
- I like the social group and the chance to get out and meet people
- It’s like home to me
- The friendly atmosphere and great Coordinators
- The physio, Louis, is fantastic, and I love coming to meet the other girls in the class.
‘We also held a cake cutting ceremony to kick off the celebratory year, and plan to have monthly celebrations with different events and activities throughout the year,’ Karen explains.
Resthaven Northern Community Services offers a range of therapy, rehabilitation and reablement support and in home care.
Celebrations will be held across the whole organisation throughout the year. Resthaven works together with older people and their carers across metropolitan Adelaide, the Adelaide Hills, Murraylands, Fleurieu, Barossa, Riverland and Limestone Coast of South Australia.
Celebrating 85 years in 2020, Resthaven Incorporated is a not for profit, South Australian aged care community service associated with the Uniting Church. Every day, Resthaven shares the lives and wisdom of around 10,000 older people and their carers, working together to provide outstanding care and support.