Resthaven Malvern offers residential aged care, retirement living, and respite accommodation for older people.
Just a short distance to the Unley, Malvern, and Mitcham shopping centres, churches, public transport, libraries, parks and reserves, Resthaven Malvern has easy access to an array of shopping, entertainment, leisure and lifestyle experiences.
With generous building space, excellent security, monitored fire safety and sprinkler systems, Resthaven Malvern features a multi-function hall, barbeque area, dining areas, gardens, hairdressing salon, internet café, laundry, library, lounges and an on-site shop. Worship services are regularly conducted.
- I’m very happy with how well my mother has settled and the standard of care she is receiving. I’m grateful that my mother is making friends and is supported to attend activities onsite.’
- ‘I cannot recommend Resthaven Malvern highly enough — the care given to my mother and the support and friendship shown to me and my family was far more than I would expect. The nursing staff, carers, caterers, reception ladies and lifestyle coordinators are the most wonderful friendly and loving people. Thank you again!’
- ‘I could not wish for better care for my wife. Just great. Your carers are always friendly and welcoming. I give 11 out of 10.’
- ‘Staff at Resthaven Malvern are there for us at all times and go to extraordinary lengths to make us comfortable and happy’.
- ‘We so value the wonderful care and support mum has, and she loves living at Resthaven. Thank you.’
- ‘Resthaven Malvern provided everything that Mum needed and wanted. She had many happy experiences and loved the people, the food, the social life, outings and activities, the warmth and the comfort.’
- ‘Resthaven Malvern was exceptionally professional and caring in looking after our mother. It was obvious to us that it is a well-coordinated facility illustrated by the fact that staff knew each resident’s name, sought to understand their life histories and personalities and how best to respond to each as an individual.’
Site and Local Features
|Local government area||City of Unley|
|Local services and amenity||Public libraries, churches, public transport, parks and reserves, Unley and Malvern shopping centres.|
|Total accessible common areas||2,822.1 m2 (indoor: 712.1 m2, outdoor: 2,110 m2)|
|Average building space||52.7 m2 per resident (includes common areas)|
|Site Features||Excellent security, monitored fire safety and sprinkler systems, a multi-function hall, barbeque area, dining areas, gardens, dementia care, hairdressing salon, internet café, bus trips, laundry, library, lounges, on-site shop, close to public transport, regular worship services.|
|Accreditation||Download report from the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission|
Residential Accommodation Prices
Details on payment options are contained in the Residential Fees and Charges Schedule.
Residents can choose from a selection of payment options in the form of a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), Daily Accommodation Payments (DAP) or a combination of both.
Resthaven believes that affordable aged care should be accessible to all across the full spectrum of financial means.
Accommodation payment arrangements can be tailored to meet individual needs.
Prices published do not apply to persons in receipt of/eligible for government support.
Please contact our friendly staff on (08) 8373 9113 for an obligation-free chat and to discuss the various options.
Stories from around the home
- Why Resthaven volunteer pianist chooses aged care
- Mrs Thompson’s century of serving others
- From styling to volunteering with older people—Denise is exactly where she wants to be
- Nurse, social worker, author: Beth’s story
- A milestone 46-year career with Resthaven
- Trendsetter of her time — Miss Chatfield celebrates 100 years
- Reflections of a blue zone centenarian
- Lesley reflects on 45 years of service
- Mrs Philp eases her way to 100
- Christmas is a time for giving
- Blankets for the homeless knitted with love
- Ann (92) shares memories of the Commonwealth Games
- Unley Council pool table donation delights residents
- 100th birthday milestone for Ruth
- International connection with Thai aged care provider remains strong
- Bungee jumping Mr Thompson turns 100
Resthaven Malvern and Baan Sudthavas
The Pen-Pal Program between the residents of Resthaven Malvern and the Baan Sudthavas Foundation (BSV) in Thailand is a peace and friendship building program for older people from different backgrounds who share a common understanding. They have exchanged letters and gifts as part of an ongoing cultural exchange.
The program culminated in being international finalists in the Innovation of the Year —Service Implementation category at the 5th Asia Pacific Eldercare Innovation Awards 2017.