A short distance from the Mitcham Cultural Village and heritage precinct, Gallery One, Mitcham Square shopping centre, cinema, restaurants, churches, libraries, public transport, parks and reserves, Resthaven’s Mitcham location has easy access to an array of shopping, entertainment, leisure and lifestyle experiences.
Resthaven Mitcham offers residential aged care and respite accommodation for older people requiring this level of support.
With generous building space, excellent security, monitored fire safety and sprinkler systems, the site features a multi-function hall, barbeque area, dining areas, gardens, hairdressing salon, internet café, laundry, library, lounges and a shop. Worship services are regularly conducted.
- ‘I feel safe, welcomed and like I have dignity here. I love the friendliness of the staff. I love my room that I can see into the garden, and people wave through my window or stop to talk to me.’
- ‘Thank you very much for the splendid care you give at Resthaven Mitcham.’
- ‘We really appreciate the care, particularly in the extended respite situation. She is feeling cared for and that’s what matters to us.’
- ‘Very thoughtful and considerate and shows real care and concern for the wellbeing of residents and the concerns of their families and friends.’
- ‘You have respected and treated our mother, Gwenda Johnson, as a valued person in your care. We are very appreciative of that high standard of care from you and all of your staff and wish you to know that fact. You have helped us pilot her to the grand age of 100+ years.’
- ‘Resthaven Mitcham… exemplary…above and beyond duty of care, in providing dignity and respect.’
Facilities and Local Features
|Local government area||City of Mitcham|
|Local services and amenity||Churches, public library, parks, reserves, shops, restaurants, Mitcham heritage precinct.|
|Total accessible common areas||4,798.9 m2 (indoor: 983.3 m2, outdoor: 3,815.6 m2)|
|Average building space||66.9 m2 per resident (includes common areas)|
|Site Features||Excellent security, monitored fire safety and sprinkler systems, multi-function hall, barbeque area, dining areas, gardens, hairdressing salon, internet café, laundry, library, lounges, onsite shop, bus trips, close to public transport, dementia care, sensory garden, regular worship services.|
|Accreditation||Download report from the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission|
Details on payment options are contained in the Residential Fees and Charges Schedule.
Residents can choose from a selection of payment options in the form of a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), Daily Accommodation Payments (DAP) or a combination of both.
Resthaven believes that affordable aged care should be accessible to all across the full spectrum of financial means.
Accommodation payment arrangements can be tailored to meet individual needs.
Prices published do not apply to persons in receipt of/eligible for government support.
Please contact our friendly staff on (08) 8373 9113 for an obligation-free chat and to discuss the various options.
Stories from around the home
- Peter brings joy — a decade as a volunteer
- Resthaven Mitcham’s Greek Odyssey (and surprise visit!)
- ‘A rich 100 years’: Centenarian Mrs Mary Small
- Walter’s loyal companion: A four-legged volunteer
- Mrs Frances Blight shares her hundred years of wisdom
- From therapy dog to Resthaven volunteer
- Equine therapy’s role in aged care
- ‘From Southern Cross to Concorde,’ a veteran’s journal
- Giving back to the community
- 100th birthday milestone for Ruth
- A life full of resilience and hard work
- Australian tennis champion at Resthaven Mitcham
- The life story of Mrs Heather Hand
- Chinese New Year
- Tania is ‘fulfilling Resthaven’s purpose’