Resthaven Bellevue Heights is currently undergoing a $27 million transformation at 47 Eve Road, Bellevue Heights.
The works will continue over more than two years, and are currently scheduled for completion in mid-2024.
The redevelopment will provide:
- Vastly improved amenities for the 99 residents who call the site home.
- Includes the replacement of 32 rooms which were constructed in the late 1970s. These will be demolished, enabling extra landscaping and car parking (13).
- Refurbishment of all the remaining rooms to achieve a consistent high-quality standard across the entire home.
- A purpose-built area to meet the care and support needs of 16 residents with various stages and forms of cognitive impairment.
- The central entry and café area will undergo a major transformation.
- Upgrade of the Auditorium, where residents enjoy activities entertainment and special events.
- A new staff room, kitchen, laundry, and associated service rooms.
- Access/egress will be improved. A separate vehicle exit point will be created, improving safety and vehicle flow.
- Seven independent retirement living units, built in 1979, have already been demolished in preparation for a new 12-place extension to the “Correa” and “Waratah” areas.
- When the project is finalised, all accommodation will be consolidated under the one roof, making it easier for all residents to access new and improved communal areas and services.
- The street appeal of the home will be greatly improved, with new fencing, landscaping and a modern rendered front.
- The entrance will include a covered drop off area.
- The Retirement Village communal meeting and activity/social area, Gum Tree Lodge, will also be upgraded, with a large undercover outdoor area with café blinds and extra storage being added.
‘Much care has been taken to ensure that the new build blends into the current, natural hills environment of Resthaven Bellevue Heights, which is a wonderful feature of the home.’
Thank you to the local neighbouring residents for their patience and understanding during this major building program.