In the leafy eastern suburbs of Adelaide, just a short distance to Marryatville and Erindale shopping centres, Regal Theatre, libraries, churches, parks and reserves, Resthaven’s Leabrook location has easy access to an array of shopping, entertainment, leisure and lifestyle experiences.
With generous building space, excellent security, monitored fire safety and sprinkler systems, the site features an activity hall, barbeque area, café, dining areas, gardens, gym, hairdressing salon, internet café, laundry, library, lounges, and shop. Worship services are regularly conducted.
- ‘I was in deep grief and had no interest in life, but Resthaven rescued me and made me (nearly) whole again. The whole staff has been friendly polite and everlastingly kind. I am more than grateful. Sing your praises to everyone.’
- ‘The entire staff went above and beyond to help them settle in, get to know them, and made them feel welcomed.’
- ‘The nurses and carers easily met their complex health needs, all the while keeping the family updated.’
- ‘The care is sensational, and the communication is really good at Resthaven Leabrook’.
- ‘The staff were quite proactive in mum’s care. She liked the food and was taken to many activities, which we appreciated as her early dementia meant she didn’t think to ask to go. She was given regular physio to help with her back pain. She was really well looked after and felt loved. The move had not been by choice, so we were all relieved that she settled so well.’
- ‘My aunt’s quality of life since becoming a resident has changed dramatically. She is now enjoying the opportunity of daily social interaction and activities, the hot meals and presumably balanced diet, and the aspect that she mentions most frequently — the care. Put simply, she is as ‘happy as a lark’, appreciating every day. Thank you for offering the culture of care that you do. She feels safe and cared for.’
Site and Local Features
|Local government area||City of Burnside|
|Local services and amenity||Public libraries, churches, parks, reserves, public transport, cinema, Burnside shopping centre.|
|Total accessible common areas||3,887.6 m2 (indoor: 1,042.7 m2, outdoor: 2,844.9 m2)|
|Average building space||57.3 m2 per resident (includes common areas)|
|Site Features||Excellent security, monitored fire safety and sprinkler systems, activity hall, barbeque area, café, dining areas, gardens, gym, hairdressing salon, internet café, bus trips, laundry, library, lounges, onsite shop, regular worship services, close to public transport, dementia care, sensory garden, and vegetable garden.|
|Accreditation||Download report from the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission|
Residential Accommodation Prices
Details on payment options are contained in the Residential Fees and Charges Schedule.
Residents can choose from a selection of payment options in the form of a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD), Daily Accommodation Payments (DAP) or a combination of both.
Resthaven believes that affordable aged care should be accessible to all across the full spectrum of financial means.
Accommodation payment arrangements can be tailored to meet individual needs.
Prices published do not apply to persons in receipt of/eligible for government support.
Please contact our friendly staff on (08) 8373 9113 for an obligation-free chat and to discuss the various options.
Stories from around the home
- Maria Filpi’s 40-year career with Resthaven
- Mr Millar ‘carves’ the way
- ‘Stand on your own two feet, and you can’t go wrong’: Beryl reflects
- Musical volunteers ‘good for the soul’
- Volunteers create meaningful connections
- Musical volunteer finds her ‘decks’ with Resthaven
- 100-year-old advice from Mrs Young
- Mrs Hunt shares the secret to a happy life as she reaches 100
- ‘I have truly lived a rich life’, says centenarian, Mrs Nora Kelly
- Nursing student thankful to have found Resthaven
- ‘Resthaven has given me a new lease on life,’ says Beryl
- If you’re going to be in residential care, this is the place to be,’ says Mrs Long
- The long-standing couples of Resthaven Leabrook
- ‘Aged care is a dynamic sector to work in,’ says Annie
- ‘Stay busy and happy doing the things you love’ at 100